Aadhaar is a 12 – digit random number which was issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) a statutory authority established in January 2009 by the Government of India, under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. This Aadhaar card is being issued to the residents of India only after satisfying the verification process laid down by the respective authority. It was issued to the residents of India irrespective of age and gender based on their biometric and demographic information only. Since Aadhaar is for individuals it is not only for adults, it is also for children and each individual family member. The Aadhaar card is issued only on free of cost. Linking Aadhaar card number with SBI a/c is mandatory as per RBI norms for each and individual customer.
The benefits of linking Aadhaar number with bank accounts are
- In India Aadhar is a valid KYC – Know your customer accepted by all banks
- Direct credit of subsidies from the government that includes LPG, Kerosene, Sugar etc.
- Direct credit of welfare funds, pensions, scholarship, MNREGA wages etc. from the government.
- All accounts enabled with Aadhaar ensure in very fewer leakages of government spending.
- Special features of Aadhaar is it is online and one the most extraordinary feature is the inter-operable architecture of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) allows every resident to access his account from anywhere in the country and in the near future through any delivery channel e.g. ATMs, micro ATMs etc.
SBI & Aadhaar
There are millions of people who have banked their bank accounts with SBI. Many customers who want to link their Aadhaar card number with their Bank Account, but they don’t have knowledge about how to link their Aadhaar number. Here are some of the easy steps and complete guidelines for linking Aadhaar card with SBI Account. Some of the easy and effortless steps where you can save your time.
Steps to link Aadhaar card number to SBI online Account
- You need a computer/laptop/mobile phone.
- Ensure that the internet connection is enabled.
- Open the web browser and click on this link: official website
- Click on the link Aadhaar provided the login button.
- In the next page, you have to enter your account number and the text (as shown in the image).
- Click on the submit button.
- In the next step enter your mobile number and Aadhaar number.
- Click on the submit button.
- Your Aadhaar card number is successfully linked you’re your SBI account.
- You will get success message “Aadhaar linked with SBI Account”
Different ways of linking Aadhaar number with SBI Account
You can also link your Aadhaar number with your SBI account by the following ways:
- Linking Aadhaar card with ATM channel mode
- Linking Aadhaar card with SBI Account through SMS
- By visiting the State Bank of India branch.
Linking Aadhaar Card to SBI through ATM Channel
Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar card number with SBI through ATM channel
- First, visit your nearest SBI ATM.
- Swipe your ATM card and enter your PIN number(4-digits)
- Select “Service registration option” on the screen and
- Click on aadhaar card registration option displayed
- Next, you have to select your account type either a savings account or current account.
- Now you have to enter your aadhaar card number.
- You need to enter the card number twice
- Now Your Aadhaar card number is successfully linked with your SBI account.
If you face any problem or unable to link with ATM channel mode, you can select next mode to link aadhaar number with SBI.
Linking Aadhaar Card to SBI through SMS
Linking Aadhaar with SBI Online account through SMS is one of easiest way. And it is possible only if your mobile number is registered with SBI. If your mobile number is registered then kindly follow the below steps:
- Send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 567676 in the following format. UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number
- Now you will receive a successful message from SBI for aadhaar linking.
- Once if you send SMS you will receive a confirmation message that your Aadhar number is seeding
- If your mobile number is not registered with SBI you will receive SMS “Your mobile number is not registered”
Linking Aadhaar Card Number by Visiting SBI Branch
If you are unable to link your Aadhaar number with SBI account, it is necessary to visit any of the SBI nearest branches and this is the last option too.
- The first step is to visit the home branch of SBI along with the copy of Aadhaar card number or with a copy of E-Aadhaar
- Not all branches are asking for requisition letter to link with the account, it is necessary to provide a letter
- In the bank provide a photocopy of Aadhaar card along with requisition letter for linking the aadhaar card.
- Aadhaar card number will be successfully linked with your SBI account by verifying your SBI account number and aadhaar number.