There are so many banks operating in India to motivate the people to make savings and deposits to secure their money. Banks are offering interest in various percentages according to the scheme. Recently a lot of private banks opening their branches in India. But foremost Bank in India is STATE BANK OF INDIA which was established in 1955 at Mumbai. It is an Indian Multinational, public sector banking and government-owned company under the control of Reserve Bank of India. It plays an important role in economic development of India. It has more than 13,000 branches including the remote area of India to service the public in all type of occupant.
Nowadays most of the people having mobiles which place an important role for quick communication and know the day to day incidents at once through mobiles. Mobile banking helps to know your account balance, real-time update of transactions like cheque’s deposited, cash is withdrawn, all type of debits and credits. Also, everyone should link their mobile number with their branch to ascertain the up to date bank transactions which helps the account holders to carry on further dealings. The mobile number linking with the SBI account is must to do online transactions that are to make an online payment to some others. This system was introduced by Online SBI from March 2015 onwards.
“From 15th March 2015 onwards, if any customer of SBI has not registered their mobile number and linked to their bank account, they are not able to continue with their services”
To Link / Register your mobile number with SBI Account
To Link your mobile number or utilize the SBI mobile banking services approach your bank branch and obtain the SBI mobile banking service Registration Form. Fill the details required and submit the same to your branch.
- In the first column fill your name.
- Furnish your E-mail Id and User Id.
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Primary Account Number
- Other accounts if any mentioning Single/Joint Accounts.
- Read the terms and conditions mentioned.
- Finally, put your signature with the date in the space provided.
To Activate / Register SBI Mobile Banking Using ATM Card without visiting SBI Branch
Through ATM card also you can register your mobile banking account. But it is time-saving to register it using your mobile. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to proceed further:
- First, send an SMS on your mobile by typing “MBSREG” & send it to “567676”.
- You will receive an SMS from SBI mentioning your user id and default MPIN for using later.
- For Android user download SBI Freedom app from the following link:
For iPhone user click on the below link to download :
- Once the application is downloaded, open SBI Freedom app.
- Enter your user id and MPIN which was received from SBI.
- Further, you will be asked to change the default MPIN. Your MPIN should contain only six characters including alphabets, numbers and some special characters.
- Now, SBI mobile banking is activated for your account.
- Visit your nearest SBI ATM center and enter your ATM card No and ATM pin number.
- Choose the mobile banking option among the various heads displayed on the screen.
- Select Register Mobile Number option.
- Enter your 10digit mobile number.
- You will get a message on ATM screen for successful completion.
- Now you are ready to get all the services of SBI Mobile Banking and SBI Freedom app.